From:
Steve Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2012 21:12:40 +0100
> Honeybees use 2-heptanone as a defense strategy, especially against
> smaller hive invaders, including wax moth AND Varroa.

Max

When I read your very interesting paper recently on this subject it
occurred to me that the analgesic properties of propolis might be more
to do with the chemicals added by the bees than the plant resins from
which it is made.  Did you look into the possibility that propolis
contains 2-heptanone or has propolis already been fully researched?

Steve Rose