From:
Kathy Lilleskov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2012 12:04:30 -0400
Thanks Rachel! I came up with similar results when I tried to research this. So I don't understand all the precautions that are given to mothers in re cabbage use. I have been toying with the idea of asking willing engorged mothers to encase one breast in cabbage and leave the other one free. My assumption is that if there is something in cabbage that works, it is on the local level, not systemic. I would then ask them to report back to me if they notice a difference between the two breasts. I realize that this is NOT a scientific study, just a way to try to tease away at this....It seems to me that some moms like the feeling of cabbage and if it feels good and is relatively harmless or even mildly effective then they should be able to use it without being frightened. And I totally agree about RPS....absolutely my favorite way to try and assist milk removal! Thanks from me too, Jean!

Kathy