Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2012 08:39:20 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Susan Burger <[log in to unmask]>
I just did my due diligence for my psyche by writing yet another opinion piece to the New York Times that won't be published.  This one was about our Nanny Mayor Bloomberg, the difference between Mary Popkins and Reality TV nannies, the denigration of yet another female dominated profession and who really is being "nannied" which is hospital staff not parents.  I also mentioned that the real victims who have no choice are the breastfeeding mothers who are STILL finding that their babies have been given formula without their permission in New York City hospitals whereas I have not met a single mother who was refused formula if she wanted to feed it to her baby.

For those of you who are beside yourselves with what is going on in Newark, I of course submitted one about Nestle a while back that didn't get published.

My point in mentioning this is that I actually READ the standard reply from the New York Times and discovered something I never noticed highlighted below in ALL CAPS

Thank you for contacting the New York Times Op-Ed and Sunday Review desk. We appreciate your feedback and comments.

If you have sent us a manuscript, please know that we have  received your submission and are reviewing it.

Articles should be original and exclusive to The Times; they  cannot have appeared elsewhere, in print or online. They also must be  FACTUALLY ACCURATE. Please note that articles should be pasted or typed into  the body of the e-mail message; please do not send  attachments.

You will  hear from us within three business days if your article is accepted for  publication. Unfortunately, the amount of space available for publication of  Op-Ed and Sunday Review articles is so limited, and the volume of submissions so large, that  we have to pass on much material of value and interest. So if you do not  hear from us in that time, please assume that we will not be able to use  your submission; you should then feel free to offer it  elsewhere.

Again,  many thanks for taking the time to send us your  work.

Previously I had thought that Jane Brody got away with her flagrant misinformation because opinion pieces were merely that - opinions.  I was stunned when I saw that the New York Times states that these opinion pieces have to be FACTUALLY ACCURATE and I don't find that hers was.

Sincerely,

Susan E. Burger