From:
Laura Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2012 12:39:24 -0400
Hello Lactnet.

I have a Mom with a puzzling occurrance. She had 2 bruises appear (about 1 wk. apart) on her left breast at 7 & 8 o'clock at the outer edge of the areola. They are adjacent & about 3 by 1.5 inches (I did not measure.)  She is breastfeeding her second baby who is 10 weeks old. She had some problems initially with sore nipples which was quickly resolved with improved latch. She has been seen twice by her OB & the coagulation tests were normal. She was referred to her family practice doctor for further referral/testing. She has also spoken to 2 IBCLC's & no one can identify any cause for the bruising. I observed baby at breast (cross cradle) & did not see anything unusual -- she has had no pain in her breast. She has an abundant milk supply. Baby is the only nursling.

Does anyone have any idea why this would happen?

Thank you,
Laura Hart, RN, BSN, IBCLC
Winter Park, FL