From:
Jacquie Nutt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2012 23:09:49 +1000
Hi Renee

I've sent an email to the mayor and the governor, and received exactly the
same form letter from the governor's office - even though I clearly stated
that I am not a Michigan resident.  It's obviously set to reply
automatically.

Even though I am not in Newark, I felt it was important to question how a
company that makes only unhealthy foods could be a partner in a health
project.  I hope that more Lactnet subscribers from around the world could
complete the survey below.  As in the old saying, evil thrives when good
people do nothing.

Jacquie Nutt IBCLC
South Africa

From Public Citizen:  Can one of the world’s largest producers of infant
formula be trusted to promote breastfeeding and healthy eating in our
communities?

That’s what Nestlé wants us to believe. And it’s partnering with the city of
Newark and the state of Michigan on initiatives meant to fight childhood
obesity.

But you and I know that Nestlé is interested in bolstering its bottom line,
not children’s health.

Tell Mayor Cory Booker of Newark and Governor Rick Snyder of Michigan to say
no to Nestlé’s marketing tricks.

http://www.citizenvox.org/2012/05/23/nestle-newark-michigan-booker-snyder-childhood-obesity/

Click on link (above) to find form letters to Mayor Cory Booker and Governor
Rick Snyder - easy - just fill in your info and click send.  Public Citizen
(Citizenvox) will forward your letters. Let's let Nestle know we are no
longer going to sit back and let them take over educating women and society
about breastfeeding and nutrition.

Please continue to pass information on to as many people as possible
(finally getting some men's signatures - thank you).
 http://www.change.org/petitions/mayor-cory-booker-newark-new-jersey-usa-stop-the-hypocritical-newarknestle-campaign-to-target-childhood-obesity?share_id=HDVyjOmNmk&.