HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Tue, 8 May 2012 13:31:33 -0500
Howdy: I am Smoke (Michael A.) Pfeiffer, RPA.  Strange to be giving
introductions to the old farts on the list since we all know where
each others bodies are buried!  LOL  I have been participating with
HistArch and Arch-L since the spring of 1994.  To someone like me who
does not have access to real liberaries, Histarch is a wonderful
resource for disseminating and procuring information.  I have received
a LOT of help over the years from members on this list.

When I have my druthers, I work in Historical Archaeology with
particular emphasis on Tobacciana (clay pipes), fire arms and lookout
towers.  Have a BA from Univ. Nebraska - Lincoln, and an M.A. From
Univ. of Idaho - Moscow.  I have more information on ArchaeoSeek.  I
have worked for the BLM and Forest Circus (along with projects for
U.of I., Oregon State, and Boise State) all over Idaho, Washington,
Oregon, Montana, and parts of Alaska but have spent the last 22 year
in Arkansas.

Hope to retire in a year or so and go around the county collecting all
of those drinks promised me for freebee research! (You know who you
are!) and meeting folks I have talked to over the computer for decades
but have never had a chance to meet!

Smoke (Michael A.) Pfeiffer, RPA
Ozark-St. Francis National Forests
605 West Main Street
Russellville, Arkansas 72801
(479) 964-7233
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]

--
Smoke Pfeiffer

Still waiting to be killed by the hole in the ozone layer.
ABO