Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2012 18:03:26 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
> Please let's all focus directly on the fact that we need to hire legal representation now.
> No one is bashing anyone.  Everyone loves Marsha and Judy and appreciates all of their hard work, and I really mean that.  This is beginning to remind me of the pages in the Riordan book that talk about how women act at work and I couldn't quite understand it because it wasn't my experience from working at a national law firm or from serving as general counsel.  But now I'm seeing what she meant--if people speak up and make a valid point but it happens to be in disagreement with what someone else said, that is considered a personal attack.  And then because we all care about each other we start standing up for each other.  But then we are unfortunately moving away from what we are all trying to accomplish together.  Let me send out good karma and wishes to EVERYONE n this list.  and then Let's all move forward, PLEASE.  We are a team and need to work together.  Marsha and Judy should not have been left in a situation where they felt that they needed to do this without attorneys who are skilled at doing this and who do deal with insurance companies everyday.  It is not their fault.  
> NOW let's move forward and get the representation we need.
> We are at a landmark point in history when insurance companies are going to need to reimburse us and we should be setting our pay as high as possible so that as time goes on, our profession will draw from not only the women who are willing to live on less and not only the women who have someone else with an income.  If we become a high paid profession, it benefits mothers and babies everywhere.  Insurance companies will be paying our fees.  I repeat, the insurance companies will be paying our fees.  Mothers will not have to pay out of pocket.  Let's get the best rates we can, and if we feel overpaid after that we can donate the money to the charities of our choice.  
> Also please note that anyone who recently sat for the exam for the first time was required to have educational requirements that were not there in the past.  I personally spent several thousands of dollars on undergraduate tuition costs to take anatomy&physiology, biology, nutrition, research, etc. etc.  My double major B.A. and my Juris Doctor were not enough, and I incurred these costs as costs that are directly related to my practice.  Not complaining!  ….just saying…..anyone who is entering our practice now is required to pay for approximately 2 years of college, and two years of a private college equals about 70k per year.  
> Anyway, the numbers are not the point here.  It is senseless to debate among ourselves how much we should be paid.  
> We need attorneys now.
> I volunteer to help in any way that Marsha and Judy would like, including finding out who the attorneys are who handle these matters for AAP and ASHA, etc. etc. and I will help to negotiate attorneys fees.  I will also help to prepare the attorneys to put us in the best bargaining position possible.
> Again, thank you to those who have and are continuing to work so hard on this  matter.  This is a thank you and let us all provide the help, and the main part of that help should be hiring representation immediately.  How is this done within the organization?

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2