From:
Ruth Piatak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2012 21:26:37 -0500
Lisa,

I just sent this link
http://www.llli.org/llleaderweb/lv/lvmayjun89p35.htmlto a client
yesterday with large, soft breasts, and though the article is a
bit outdated, she found the description of cross-over nursing lying down
helpful to get her newborn to latch for longer than she had so far.  I
think side-lying positions can offer many babies flexibility similar to
laid-back BF in how to position and move their lower jaw, as long as mom's
nipple can be at the right level above the mattress.  And it can be more
comfortable for mom after a c-section.  Hope this helps!

Ruth
--
Ruth Piatak, BA, MS, LLLL, IBCLC
WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor

Date:    Thu, 19 Apr 2012 10:38:02 -0400From:    Lisa Paul <[log in to unmask]

Subject: laidback BF and soft breast

I need some input.  I worked with a mom this morning with a very soft
breast. She tried laid back BF and baby seemed to sink into breast like we
would into a very soft pillow.  The breast tissue surrounded baby's face.
 Baby is having latch problems on both sides, with outright refusal on one
breast.  Baby is 1 day old, c-section birth.

Am I missing something with the laid back position?  I have not seen such a
soft breast before and was at a lost for what to suggest.

Thank you!
Lisa
Breastfeeding Peer Counselor