Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2012 16:29:19 -0400
From:
David W Vaklyes <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
On Apr 4, 2012, at 2:03 PM, Susan Burger wrote:
> Was anyone else aware of the apparently new policy from IBLCE for Continuing Education Certification Points?
>
> "Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.  I appreciate the feedback.  As I explained to xxxx  we typically do not award CERPs for introductions and for questions and answers.  Many times, such allotted time is unstructured and because we can’t predict the topics that will be discussed, no CERPs are awarded.""

This is not new.

In general I believe it applies to the few minutes at the beginning of a day when the speaker is introduced, you are told where the bathrooms are, where to get lunch, who the attendees are (how many work in a hospital? etc). None of these things are lactation related and should not have CERPs awarded.

As for the question and answer, that applies to a separate period of time set aside for Q&A, not questions that may be asked and answered during a learning session. As they state, there is know way to tell just what is being asked, so you don't know whether the content is applicable. During a learning session, it should be safely assumed that questions asked are relevant to the topic, and if not the speaker should defer them until a non-learning time (breaks or lunch.)

Applies to nursing contact hours also.

Dave Vaklyes
Breastfeeding Outlook