Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2012 10:44:44 -0500
7bit
From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
hello All,
I received a bite from a large Chilean brown recluse about two hours ago.
About two inches from my right eye.

Sadly I report the recluse is no longer with us.

These are common on the bee farm . With the mild winter they are worse. A
single female lays 40 eggs at a setting and can lay 300 in her lifetime.

Common?

A survey done at the university of Kansas found brown recluse in 70% of the
homes searched and found 45 mature females in a barn survey. (no need to ask
why they found no males)

Today is the second time I have been bitten. Tim Tucker (V.P American
Beekeeping Federation and longtime friend) has been bitten many times as he
ran a pest control business for 18 years.

Despite what is said on the internet the recluse will jump and bite. The
severity of the bite many times depends on if the spider has used venom
recently. My spider had been most likely hunting all night and the building
was dark when I turned the lights on. I reached for a funnel to use to fill
hydraulic oil in a loader and the recluse jumped on my face and bite me. I
knocked the spider to the floor. I was able to observe the spider closely
before smashing. I made a positive ID Chilean recluse. I went into the
office and observed the two fang wounds.

I had two precancerous places on my face frozen at the doctors office
yesterday so *perhaps* the spider sensed these and felt she was looking at a
meal. ( makes a total of five places since December).

The Chilean recluse is considered the most dangerous recluse and deaths have
been
reported is south America.

I killed two other Chilean recluse last week around the bee farm.

To be continued.

others with recluse stories?

bob