Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2012 21:20:06 -0500

Hello all,

I got this, and wonder if other NY IBCLCs got it as well. Isn't this
offering a "kickback" for a referral?
 Text follows...Peace, Judy

"Dear Lactation Consultant

Thank you for your time reading this email.

At XXX we have been specializing in providing our customers the best
service on Breastfeeding items.  We have been in business for about 6 years  and
sell popular brands as Medela, Ameda, Avent, Dr. Brown, Mimijumi, and more.
We carry full set of replacement parts for pumps and bottles as well as
accessories.  In addition we sell and rent breast pumps from Medela and  Ameda
as well as scales.  We ship our pumps to customers for free and offer  low
cost monthly rentals.

As professional lactation consultants you advise customers like ours in
what they need to use and how to feed properly and efficiently.

We would love to work together with our local lactation consultants in
helping you provide great care to moms.  We want to extend a special 10%  OFF
discount to all moms that are referred by you to us.  In addition for the
referral we would like to offer you 10%  of the sale.  Your customers would use
your name as a referral and you  would provide them with a code that was
specific for you and once they buy the  item we would issue you a check for
the 10% of the purchase.

We want to work together with you in this regard and hopefully build a
relationship where we can continue to expand our program.  If you are
interested please reply to us with your contact information and we will set up  the
special code for you.

Once again thank you for your time and consideration.
XXX, President

While  breastfeeding may not seem the right choice for every parent, it is
the best  choice for every baby.  ~Amy Spangler "
~~~
Thus ends their email...

Peace,
Judy