From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2013 21:19:38 -0600
It may very well be mild tracheo- or laryngeomalacia, which my
understanding is that babies often "outgrow" as the airway becomes less
collapsible. You could try more upright positions and with the neck
extended. You might try listening with a stethoscope if you have one handy,
on the side of the neck and see what else you hear. You might have the
parents video this is they can, on their camera or phone if they have that
capability, show to the doctor.
I would ask mom to be very observant, write down any details of the
symptoms/signs or any other s/s, and to be very aware of positions where
this seems minimized. And while I would NEVER ignore or dismiss such
parental observations and concerns, I would reassure her that it doesn't
seem to be acutely serious at this point, in that the baby is thriving and
happy.
Laurie Wheeler RN MN IBCLC
Mississippi USA