From:
Linda vawter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 May 2012 20:06:14 -0700
Thank you to all who responded to my question about the mom with Crohn's disease. I spoke with her today and asked her if she ever felt unusually sad, or angry when the baby began to breastfeed and she quickly said she did. She said she gets so irritated and upset when the baby starts to feed. I gave her the website about D-MER so she could check it out and I also gave her the link to the Special Carbohydrate Diet as one of you suggested. She was very grateful. I hope she will follow up and let me know what the GI MD has to say, too. Has anyone ever heard that high prolactin levels can cause diarrhea? I read it somewhere today and I couldn't find it again. I am still sleuthing a bit regarding this lady. Again, thank you everyone.
Linda Vawter, RN, IBCLC
California, USA