Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2012 07:18:15 +1200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
> Hello All,
> PTP I am supporting a first time young mother at present who first contacted me because her now 6 week old son has pretty much screamed all the time.
> He has an extremely effective suck strength and she has always had an over supply of milk. She has tried formula and baby is much more settled. This mother is quite traumatised by her
> attempts to get to the bottom of her baby's behaviour and not being able to relieving his discomfort each time she breastfeeds him. She had stopping breastfeeding however I have managed to encourage her to keep pumping and safe guard her milk supply
> so she still has the option to start bf again when she feels more relaxed. A pediatrician believes baby is lactose intolerant but both mother and I feel it is lactose overload. When she pumps she gets 60ml (2 oz) of fore milk before she sees any change to whiter hind milk.
> Once before when she stopped bf for a couple of days her milk supply came back fully in 22 hours from next to nothing and baby started screaming, green frothy poos with  colicy pain.
> How would all you wise women manage this lactose overload. I am looking at block feeding and maybe pumping some fore milk before baby goes to breast. I understand about this possibly increasing the problem but if this mother does not get a good bf experience next time she bf baby she will definately stop.
> Thanks
> Joan

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2