From:
Karyn-grace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2012 11:37:12 -0800
Hi, Lynn.  You had a question tacked on to the bottom of your post asking if
bottle fed babies get oral thrush with any regularity, and I am assuming you
were seeking answers to that...

I work with a certain people group for whom thrush can at time be a huge
issues.  I believe its dietary based, for the most part.  Nevertheless, we
DO see thrush fairly regularly with these families,and though my experience
is anectodal and not scientific, I can tell you that the babies who get the
worst cases of thrush are the ones who are combination fed (breast and
bottle).

The obvious but not as severe cases are in the bottle fed only (yes, those
babies get thrush and often prescribed nystatin, to my chagrin, because I
rarely see favourable results from it) and then the most mild cases are in
the breastfed only babies.

~kg

Karyn-grace Clarke, IBCLC
Nanaimo, BC, Canada