From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2012 09:39:52 +1100
I suspect that Virginia's response was not directed at women at all but at the frustration of a system that provides women with no choice in relation to maternity leave and commonly enforces long term separation of mother and infant (and therefore breast milk feeding). I know that we've had this discussion many times on Lactnet before but it remains beyond belief to many of us outside of the US that such a barbaric system could be accepted by a Western democracy.
That's my guess anyway!
Karleen Gribble
Australia