From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 2011 10:45:13 -0800
--- On Thu, 12/1/11, Rob Green <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> > In 1997 the USDA did a study on the 4.9mm bees and
> confirmed that small cell bees do have fewer mites.
>
> So I have an obvious question. Is small cell, and the
> trouble migrating bees to smaller cells, worth it at all? I
> have a new class of the Indiana Beekeeping School coming up
> on January 28, and I'd like to know.

reply;
Yes, if you believe in clean food, with zero treatments in hives, and no artificial feeds and breeding in tune with Nature, as it is a whole picture that must be done and not bits and pieces. And if it wasn't working for those doing, numbers wouldn't continue to keep growing.

Also, in December issue of American Bee Journal is announcement of 5th Annual Organic Beekeepers meeting coming up in Oracle, Arizona March 2-4 2012 with a great! .....list of speakers coming in to talk with furthest coming from New Zealand, one Hawaii, and then Canada and other places. So sign up and come see for yourself. Cost $185 for the meeting with 2 nights stay and 6 meals and all talks included.....

Dee A. Lusby