From:
Sonya Shaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 2011 08:38:28 -0400
Hi Cordelia,
I don't know the answer to this question, but am interested to know.  If the
mother had an outbreak in the past, then she would have antibodies already,
so would that lower the possibility of transmission?  Or is it different
when it's different body parts?

Also, is she sure that it's a cold sore?  Where is it?  If it is in the
corner, could it be angular cheilitis?  I have seen that be mistaken for a
cold sore in the corner of the mouth before.

Sonya Shaver, BS, CHES, IBCLC