Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Nov 2011 11:10:07 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
Hi!
Leanne Jewell from Miami, Florida. It has a while since I last posted but have been lurking. As a mother with hypothyroidism and a mother of daughters with hypothyroidism and one with Hashimoto's what I found out it's not necessarily levels that are "correct" especially with Hashimoto's they can varying immensely but it's time at breast.
I fed adlib and told my daughters the same....one fed only 4 months due to work, she had the Hashimoto's and she produced great milk amts and interestingly her levels have never been so stable. The daughter with just hypothyroidism breastfed one child 27 months and is now continuing to breastfeed 25 month old twins and none of these babies have had any formula. Her levels are stable and her milk production is great. I had overproduction...pumped for when I taught childbirth classes and had a mega stash in freezer. 
A good endocrinologist who supports breastfeeding is most helpful and a connection to a breastfeeding support system is a wonderful resource. If you find solid evidence I would love to see it.
Good luck,
On my way to babysit the MilkyWay twins.
Leanne Jewell RN-BC, IBCLC, LCCE, FACCE
South Miami, Florida

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2