From:
Kristen Panzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2011 21:48:22 -0400
Dear friends,
Judith's post adds so much to this conversation, none of it reassuring.
Judith, thanks so much for this thoughtful, reasoned critique of the
proposed changes and for calling attention to the issue of how these changes
would affect our bid for licensure, should the Board push forward. I am
quite convinced that if these changes are ratified it will only be a matter
of time before IBCLC's are working for formula companies. Without a WHO Code
we would find ourselves on a very slippery ethical slope. As for removing
the requirement to report violations: Wow! That sailed by me. While
reporting a sister colleague would never be an enviable task, our obligation
is always to the public, the mothers and babies our profession serves.
Best regards,
Kristen Panzer, MS, IBCLC