HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Tue, 2 Aug 2011 17:53:33 -0400
There is an additional site from the Carib area I cannot remember but
also "History Written With Pick and Shovel " Calver & Bolton , for rape
& destroy data. The report on the Anderson Blacksmith Shop  in Williams
burg has a lot of button waste. This was ca. 1977 for the 1975-1976
excavations where a room in the complex was used as a button shop. Off
the top of my head I think Stan South's "Palmetto Parapets" has button
material.

Many of these sites appear to have military connections. The Anderson
shop served as the armorer for a time. I think the site in Phil along
the river was also the site of a major Rev. War encampment complex.  I
had a file on the subject but cannot find at the present.

Jim Parker