Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2011 15:04:33 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (1 lines)
Love this Norma!  Maybe we should model bottle nipples like one mom I'm dealing with.  A perfectly smooth surface (with flexible areola, I might add) presented to baby, which when he was placed by mom over her chest, he reached out and grabbed with his top lip and tongue and POP up came a nipple and a perfect breastfeeding session occurred. When mom gave a bottle he didn't know what to do with it, wouldn't latch and seal to it.  Maybe we need bottles like that breast! Let's see how many different nipple shapes we can mimic! And maybe they should come in different colors!

-----Original Message-----

From: Lactation Information and Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Norma Ritter

Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 12:14 AM

Subject: Re: another bottle teat claiming to be just like a human's

>The Peristaltic Plus nipple is constructed using thick silicone rubber,

made soft and flexible enough for baby to use without discomfort, and also features a unique layer of fine bumps called texturing along the outside edge. The bumps keep the baby’s lips from sticking to the surface.

The nipple tip is designed to precisely fit in the sucking fossa, a small indent found in the baby’s mouth, and since the nipple is available in varying sizes featuring two kinds of holes, the rate of milk flow can be adjusted according to a baby’s development stage. <

Oooh! There must be something wrong with my nipples! Why don't they look like the latest and greatest from Pigeon?

Why don't I have those little bumps, and how can I tell if the tip of my nipples are the right size and shape to fit in the sucking fossa?

Maybe I should not even try to nurse...

SNORRRRRT!

Norma Ritter, IBCLC, RLC

Breastfeeding Matters in the Capital Region www.NormaRitter.com Join us on Facebook for the latest birthing and breastfeeding news and

views:

http://tinyurl.com/BMCRonFB

Jean wrote:

>Pigeon’s Peristaltic PLUS! How's THAT for alliteration, at least in

English. Sounds SO physiologic, and more, not only to parents, and significant others, but to naive HCP's!!!

Trickster advertisers: Thy name is CODEBREAKERS! Let the buyer beware!<

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html

To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]

COMMANDS:

1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html

To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]

COMMANDS:

1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail

2. To start it again: set lactnet mail

3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet

4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2