HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kurt Knoerl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2010 06:45:27 -0700
Folks:

In 2008, we published a project journal chronicling the investigation of a
site believed to be the HMS Serapis, a vessel involved in the fiercest
ship to ship naval confrontation during the American Revolution. The
battle between the Bonhomme Richard, commanded by John Paul Jones, and the
British HMS Serapis was a high point in American naval arms during the
Revolution. The Serapis eventually ended its working life off the coast of
Madagascar, where the team traveled to record its remains.

We are happy to present a link to the finished pdf report detailing the
2008 Diver Investigations of the Suspected Serapis Site Ambodifototra,
Isle Ste Marie, Madagascar. The report can be viewed from a link off the
MUA home page here:
http://www.uri.edu/mua/

The original project journal is visible here:
http://www.uri.edu/artsci/his/mua/project_journals/serapis08/serapis08_intro.shtml

Best regards,

Michelle Damian
Exhibits Editor