HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Bob Genheimer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2010 10:22:00 -0400
Patrick

The first is just that -- a tube from knob and tube wiring, used in residential wiring from the 1880s through the first half of the 20th century.  The tube allowed a single wire to pass through wooden joists without the fear of damage or a short.

Bob Genheimer, RPA
George Rieveschl Curator of Archaeology
Cincinnati Museum Center
1301 Western Avenue