From:
"Jennifer Tow, IBCLC" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2011 17:37:57 -0500
 I agree with  Diana--"feels like sandpaper" is a common description with TT.  I do not at all like APNO and avoid it as much as possible. When nipples do not heal, I go back for the cause--latch, TT, structural misalignment (with the first, you will have the second, but not the other way around of course) and then look at other causes for poor wound healing, which I think has more to do with what goes into mom's body (or doesn't) such as vit D, zinc, pro-inflammatory agents, etc than anything she will ever apply topically. But, topically, my first treatment for many years has been coconut oil.

Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, France
Intuitive Parenting Network, LLC