Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2011 08:59:02 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
Sonya, No, they've done nothing about the labial frenulum.  My granddaughter will 
turn 2 next month and the dentist hasn't considered it a problem that needs addressing.  
There's a history of a slight gap between front teeth in my husband's family (he has it 
and so do several others in the family).  I wasn't even really aware of what caused it 
until this issue came up.  Apparently, sometimes orthodontists address, it along with 
braces later on, but it doesn't appear to be particularly on most people's radar with 
infants.  My granddaughter also has an underbite (i.e. her top teeth close behind her 
bottom ones in the front), so her lower jaw was probably also part of the issue during 
initial breastfeeding (since most infants have a shorter rather than a longer lower jaw).  
The whole experience has really impressed me with my daughter's ability to work with 
her baby to find a comfortable and effective nursing position, even when things didn't 
work exactly the way the books said.  

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2