From:
Riva Weissfish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2011 15:32:27 -0500
Dear All,

I think the key to why these women are so pressurized and having such a hard time - in the words of the article in the independent - is in the following quote from that article:

"...After what other major medical event are you forced to do that?" she asks"

Birth is not supposed to be akin to open heart surgery. When it is, we can expect the breastfeeding to be comensurate with that experience. Perhaps as LC's we have to remember to look at what the birth was and not what we assume it should have been, and give support accordingly.

I would assume that until some fundemental changes take place in delivery rooms throughout the world, we will not find ourselves unemployed.

Riva Weissfish BA,CCE,IBCLC