Thu, 9 Dec 2010 08:30:30 EST
Susan says,

So, here is an eLetter (read the second letter) about  osmolality
(basically solute load) and the risks of very early supplementation  with vitamin D.
I had been wondering about the same thing myself.

But they aren't supplementing with Vit D alone -- they are  supplementing
with Poly Vi Sol which has Poly (Many) Vi (Vitamins) in it.   Why not
supplement with something like Carlson's Vit D, or another one called  "Just D"
that provides JUST Vitamin D, 400 IU in one DROP.  Different than  one mL.

That doesn't address the issue of supplementing at 3 days (I didn't  have
time to read the entire article by Wagner), but my question is why are we
giving Poly Vi Sol in order to give Vitamin D?

Jan Barger, RN, MA, IBCLC, FILCA