Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2011 01:22:25 +0200
From:
Shaya & Jessica Billowitz <[log in to unmask]>
I hope someone will be able to help me.

I worked with a baby who is now 4 ½ months old.  He had suck problems and
his mother was not ever successful pumping more than 5-10 cc for him.  He is
highly allergic to milk and soy formulas- ie throwing up, terrible diapers,
extreme screaming, etc.  He did no better on Neocate.

We do not have a formal milk bank in Israel.  This baby is being sustained
on informally donated mother’s milk.  But the mother is totally at the mercy
of this group of moms who is donating.  Whenever one gets sick, and her
supply drops, this mother panics because she may not have enough food for
her baby.  Her ped has nothing to offer.  The Gastro has nothing to offer.
They have both only said that they have never seen a baby allergic to
neocate.  She has tried all the broken down formulas here in Israel and none
work.  She began food at 4 months simply because she had to stretch the
mother’s milk.  He is growing normally now, but she is obviously nervous to
be in this situation.  Her ped has said she should try goat’s milk!  I was
horrified, but after speaking to the mother, all she wants is something to
stretch the pumped milk she is getting.  He was actually ok with it,
although I explained this is not at all what he needs nutritionally.  She is
desperately trying to find something better.  What are other allergies he
could have, and what is available, even in the US for this baby?  Her
parents live there and they can send something.  From what I understand, it
would make sense that he can be allergic to Corn as all these things have
corn syrup as the first ingredient?  She is supposed to travel to the US for
Passover, but is right now trying to figure out what formula this baby can
get as she will not be able to come if she cannot find something.  Also ,
many of her donors are also travelling, so she will really be stuck.

Help!!

Please email privately as well as to the list.

Jessica Billowitz, IBCLC

Israel