Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2011 10:19:14 EST

Jacqui writes:

i have  often wondered why someone has not come up  with a rice milk based
formula with all of these multiple food allergy  babies  lately!

~~~
I wonder what it will take to really help these babies by making sure there
 is good, safe, human milk for them. ( Adequate donor milk for all in
need...)I  thought I read a study not long ago saying that rice indeed can be
allergenic as  well. So, no matter where we turn, when there's no human milk
for babies, we end  up in allergy/senstivity land at some point with some
babies. I wonder if this  has anything to do with the fact that these little
ones are designed to have a  constantly, and subtly shifting
food/immunity/nourishment source, and when they  don't get it, they have to rely on a
formulated food source that is completely  the same over the day, days, weeks,
months til they start solids. How can a  little body designed to be responded to
respond but to become sensitized to  something so relentlessly the same like
that?

Peace,
Judy

Judy LeVan  Fram, PT, IBCLC, LLLL