ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Anne Herndon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 2010 16:53:27 -0500

For our field trips, we accept reservations from all grade levels on any given day and they can be a mix of public, private and home school.  (Andrea's posting about hosting one grade level per day was intriguing to me).

I think the idea of limiting the number of children in the building is an interesting struggle.  When we first reopened last November, we chose not to begin field trips until February, so that our staff could "live" in the building and get used to the flow of guests and members.  After a few amazing days of over 2,400 school children in the building, we decided to cap each day at 1,500 and have found that number works well for us, based on our size.

Thanks for all the postings.  We had a meeting with staff today around this idea and your ideas were great conversation starters.

Best,
Anne

Anne Herndon
Director, School and Group Programs
Fort Worth Museum of Science and History
1600 Gendy Street
Fort Worth, Texas  76107
817-255-9521