From:
Cassidy Hotz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2010 06:23:48 -0700
Ladies,

I have permission to post. I received a call last night about a mother 6 week pp
who has developed 'atrophic vaginitis' (I am not an RN and haven't had time to
look it up because I am in the midst of an interstate move). She said that she
is experiencing extremely severe vaginal dryness as a result of an extremely low
level of estrogen. Her Dr. prescribed estrogen (not sure if it is birth control
or just straight estrogen), but she is unwilling to risk compromising bfing. He
also recommended eating large amounts of soy for its estrogen-mimicking
properties. She is concerned that this could also reduce her milk supply. She is
also wondering if there are other 'more natural' things to treat the symptoms
(like gels or something) because she feels like this low estrogen is her body's
way response to bfing/birth and she doesn't want to lessen that; she just needs
help with the discomfort. Anyone work with this before? I didn't see anything in
the archives.

Thanks!
Cassidy, LLL and CLC in Fayetteville, AR but moving to Edmond, OK; just sat the
exam but didn't study dietary soy/bm supply :)