From:
"Jaye Simpson, IBCLC" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2010 22:00:15 -0700
I find this to be a very sad state of affairs when parents cannot make an
informed choice on how to raise their children without fear of having them
taken away.  Wow.  I guess we are lucky on the west coast - it isn't nearly
that bad.  Lots of people co-bed, lots of people nurse past 6 months (and
some past 2 yrs!).  There is more acceptance for each others individual
rights as parents.  But to fear being reported for raising your children in
a manner that has all sorts of back-up??  Wow.

I feel for you over there...I really do.

Warmly
Jaye

Jaye Simpson, IBCLC, CIIM
Breastfeeding Network