From:
Mary Wagner-Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 2010 08:57:34 -0700
I would add that breastfeeding is about much more than infant nutrition.  It
is not an infant feeding system, best accomplished nipple to mouth.  It is a
relationship.  Part of the beauty of breastfeeding is that it helps mothers
to love and nurture their babies, capitalizing on instinctive behaviors,
hormones, senses, etc.

Mary Wagner-Davis, MS, MFT, IBCLC, LLLL
Roseville, CA