Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 2010 07:15:25 -0500
From:
Deborah Albert <[log in to unmask]>
Joann and Leslie,

  I have enjoyed both of your posts.  Cabbage leaves and Salmonella?? --
Give me a break.  Sounds like severely liability conscience nurses.
However, I am concerned about the reuse of cabbage leaves.  Most of the
time, they are wilted once mom has used them for 15 minutes.  The active
ingredient in cabbage is an amino acid--tyrosine.  Would a re-used leaf be
as effective as new leaves?  If you are dealing with a low amount of cabbage
supply in the military--that would be a different story.  However, I am all
for recycling.  Is there anyone else out there that reuses the leaves?

Debbie Albert, Ph.D., RN, IBCLC
Lactation Consultant
NCH Healthcare
Naples, FL