Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2010 07:48:19 -0500
From:
Naomi Bar-Yam <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
Comments:
To: Penny Reimers <[log in to unmask]>
> "The studies may not be there but in the past 9 years we have seen
> the most amazing difference pasteurized donor milk makes in the
> lives of the babies (both HIV pos and neg) we have cared for. It is
> nothing short of miraculous and has made me passionate about  the
> phenomenal properties in breast milk -even when it has been
> pasteurized."

Indeed, there is much need for research and publishing case studies in
this area. Penny, I would encourage you and your colleagues to publish
some of your cases in JHL and other medical journals. Each documented
case study adds to the "evidence base" and to the awareness of the
importance of human milk, donor and otherwise.

I know you are quite busy caring for the babies you serve. However, a
collaboration with medical researchers at university or hospitals in
your area to conduct a more systematic study of use of donor milk
would be an important contribution to the field and to the use of
donor milk to protect babies everywhere.

Naomi Bar-Yam

Naomi Bar-Yam Ph.D.
Executive Director
Mothers' Milk Bank of New England

617-527-6263
www.milkbankne.org
Join us April 12-13, 2010, Boston, MA
100 Years of Milk Banking: Looking Back, Reaching Forward
Info and Registration: HMBANA.ORG