From:
Ibolya Eva Rozsa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2010 23:49:14 +0100
Hi Sarah,

(It's been a while...)

Answering your first question with what I usually do: when I have runny
nose and/or sore throat I do not visit anyone until my condition really
improves. Improvement means feeling physically good, no runny nose,
although if I need a tissue only a few times a day that is acceptable,
no coughing, no fever for at least 2 days. If a mother calls I always
tell them I'm sick and I can only visit them when I'm sure I would not
spread viruses. They can either wait for me or I refer them to another LC.

If you are not sure you might be better by Thursday you may want to
leave the question open and tell this mom to call back on Wednesday
afternoon or Thursday morning to see if you are feeling healthy.

Hope it helps.

Hugs,

Ibolya Eva Rozsa, LLLL, IBCLC
Hungary