From:
Nicki Heskin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 2010 01:49:18 -0800
Hey all,

I am not an LC, just recently certificated as a CLEC, and have never
personally used or recommended reglan, but thought I'd share since I've seen
reglan discussed in lactation community and on this board that I just saw
some tacky late night lawyer commercial for users of reglan for reflux that
it is associated with a condition called Tardive Dyskinesia.  It was
described as involuntary repetitive movements of the extremities; lip
smacking, grimacing or tongue protrusion; rapid eye movements or blinking
and/or puckering and pursing of the lips or impaired movement of the
fingers. (Not deadly certainly, but, I suppose, annoying.)

Not that any of this seems deadly, but generally this idiot lawyers don't
run these commericals unless there is grounds for them to be able to make
money from them suing someone and I'd hate that to include an LC.  So I
thought I'd put out there whether or not anyone else has heard anything
about this and whether this is a legitimate problem.  The commercial
mentioned it was associated with long term use, but I suppose I could
imagine long term use for lactation for some milk suppresive conditions.
Anyway, it caught my attention and I thought I would share... perhaps this
is already old news?

Nicki