From:
Adrienne Guirguis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 2010 08:56:54 -0500
Permission to post.  I have been working with the mother of a now 10 week old baby.  Baby was 7 lbs at birth and is now 11 pounds.  Baby has always been a very fussy baby and is never happy, does not sleep well. Mother always has sore nipples.  Position and latch appeared good. Baby also had posterior tongue tie.  Mother found a doctor to clip and baby's tongue was clipped.  Baby's suck did not improve.  Baby began going to a DO for adjustments and treatment.  At this point DO does not feel she can help any longer.  (This DO is someone I trust and does great work).  Initially seen for supply issues as mother had breast implants and was worried.  Supply was good.  Down the line issues with OMER and baby's ability to cope with flow.  Various methods used to cope with flow and eventually block feeding.  Baby has explosive, frothy green stools constantly.   I am looking for ideas.  This mother is dedicated to breastfeeding and has been doing a lot of research on her own.   Mother has done elimination diet.  No food allergies in parent's families per mom.  I am considering Celiac Disease, but have very little knowledge on it.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Adrienne Guirguis, IBCLC