From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 2009 19:23:04 -0600
Hi Allyson,
Just some thoughts for you to consider. Mom may have a strong MER but you
didn't also say oversupply. I do not think she has oversupply and so I would
not recommend any supply decreasing maneuvers. She can pump 4 oz, that seems
normal. The baby's weight gain, if I've calculated this right, is 57 ounces
in 90 days (1710 grams) which would be 0.63 oz per day on average or 19
grams per day average. You could also say 3.5 pounds in 3 months (1.7 kg). I
would not want to decrease that.
I am actually wondering if the baby's pulling and sliding is actually trying
to get more milk or more flow. So what I might actually try would be breast
compression and feeding on both sides.
I assume you've already talked about baby led feeding, no restrictions, and
asked if mother is on or has taken any meds to mess with supply
(contraception?)
Laurie Wheeler RN MN IBCLC
Mississippi USA