From:
"Jennifer Tow, IBCLC" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 2009 11:22:25 -0500
 Aflotoxins are not additives--they occur naturally mycotoxins in certain foods, caused by species of aspergillus. They are indeed very toxic. They are most commonly colonized in grains and nuts--inlcuding all peanut butter in the US. High level exposure causes liver damage and can cause death. Reliance on a grain-based diet exposes us to far more aflotoxins than if we ate a diet designed for our physiology.

The red color of carrageenan is b/c it is extracted from a red seaweed. They are used to thicken and gel foods. It is used in many natural foods, even though it is highly processed and of very questionable safety.

BTW--there is very extensive info on the web about both ingredients.