Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
gonneke van veldhuizen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 2009 22:07:59 -0700
Dear friends,
How well done can any study be that starts from the wrong hypothesis: [qoute]"Physicians who counsel families about pacifier use must now weigh the
potential protective effect against SIDS [sudden infant death syndrome]
against the potential deleterious effect on breastfeeding," write Nina
R. O'Connor, MD, from University of Virginia School of Medicine in
Charlottesville (at the time of the study), and colleagues[unquote]. Of course pacifiers are only a safeguard for children that do not have unlimited access to the breast. Breastfed children do not need any artificial replacement to safeguard them from the results of taking away their natural protection from them.

Warmly,

Gonneke, IBCLC in very early morning southern Netherlands