Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 2009 15:31:19 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (30 lines)
Interesting posts about the UC San Diego Lactation Consultant program ... I am the Program Coordinator and will make short comments here and am available off post via telephone or email for those of you desiring more information.

As stated on my website at www.breastfeeding-education,com and the UC San Diego extension website at www.ucsd.extension.edu, the University of California San Diego does have a comprehensive lactation consultant program that meets pathway 2 of the IBLCE requirements ... this is a academic year program with homework, 165 hours of didactic classroom training, and the IBLCE required supervised clinical internships ... this is not a new program and is well respected in the field .. all students are expected and required to sit for the IBLCE as the certification as a Lactation Consultant .

Please let me know if you desire additional information on the program, and thanks for wondering about the program ... the goal of the University is to get?the word out ! ?

Sincerely,

Gini Baker, RN, MPH, IBCLC
Program Coordinator
UCSD Extension Perinatal Health Programs
(C) 619-253-4854
www.breastfeeding-education.com
"To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you just may be the world"
Author Unknown

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2