Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 2009 22:20:49 EDT
Actually, we're the authors of that report and the recipients of the
funding, which also enabled us to use proteomics MS to look at pathogens in Bee
Colonies - the CCD Steering Committee provided a summary of the activities
of is  members.

Jerry

Bee Alert Technology and The University of Montana.

I should note, very few of the 400 chemicals were pesticides - they include
 everything from natural hive products to industrial pollutants.  Please
understand, in areas such as urban regions of the east coast, we found levels
of  chemicals like benzene (a common solvent and a breakdown product from
fuel) in  beehives to EXCEED OSHA permissible levels for indoor air quality
in  laboratories.

Its hard to determine which chemicals may/may not affect bees - the inside
of the hive is a soup of chemicals of all kinds.
**************Looking for love this summer? Find it now on AOL Personals.