Date:
Sun, 27 Dec 2009 14:18:44 EST
In a message dated 12/27/2009 10:53:15 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, Joylyn
writes:

That's a  very lovely print, but it brings to mind one of my questions
regarding  mermaids... where is the womb opening? >>>>
Good question, they have lactating breasts so there must be a way to  give
birth. I always imagined a hidden flap of some sort.

Ron (Opie) Howard's movie "Splash" shows that sea  maidens can transform
when out of water, thankfully not at all necessary for  breastfeeding! ....and
the poem "The Mermaids Song" by Caroline Hagood also  indicates this
ability to transform as desired:

"The first time I knew a  man,
I gave up my fish tail for  legs
so I could wrap them around  him,
tangle my mermaid’s hair with  his,...."
So, maybe they give birth on the  seashore, probably do immediate S2S, ....
altho there might need to be  some Sc2Sc (scale to scale) positioning to
achieve optimal holds for  breastfeeding positions like side clutch.
Happy Holiday  Wishes,

Debbie Tobin
RN BSN IBCLC
Fairfax County, Virginia suburbs  outside the Washington DC  beltway