From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 2009 09:08:10 -0500
Please respond directly to Tara, who is not on lactnet.
Thanks, laurie wheeler

Request for assistance on protocols for feeding preterm/LBW babies in the
NICU.

I am currently finishing the BSN portion of the nursing program at Pace in
NYC
and will start the NP portion next September.  I am planning to work in
pediatrics.  I have been a La Leche Leader for 4 years.  This semester, our
"Evidence-based practice" class is writing a paper on a Cochrane review of
formula versus donor milk for preterm/LBW babies.  One of the things we need
to do is to look at an actual protocol.

I am looking for a NICU that has a protocol about feeding preterm/LBW babies
that they would be willing to share a copy of the protocol with our group.
It
would be great if the person sharing the protocol would be willing to be
interviewed for about 20 minutes by phone to ask a few questions about how
the
protocol was developed.

Anyone who has a relevant protocol, can contact me directly at

Thanks in advance!

Tara Herlocher, LLLL, NYC