From:
Wendy Beals <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Aug 2009 12:05:25 -0400
Hi All,

So do you think the latest idea that emptying the breast as much as possible
at a feeding then still does increase the fat content of the breastmilk at the
next feeding?  I thought that was what the research was showing(that is
lately until it changes again!)?  There are lots of moms I'm dealing with lately
that are concerned about their babys' low weight gain, though some of the
babies are healthy anyways, meeting developmental milestones and happy,
content,etc.  I'm looking for a concrete plan I can tell them that I feel
confident will help increase the fat of their breastmilk.  It's frustrating the info
seems to change frequently and I want to make sure I'm giving them the best
info possible!  I'd love to know some more of your thoughts.  TIA

Wendy Beals, PL,LLL