From:
Katherine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 2009 05:04:26 -0400
Lori and All,

My LLL group has been doing this for ~5 years at the Rhythm and Roots
Reunion in Bristol TN/VA.  We call it the BABY COMFORT STATION.  We welcome
all mothers regardless of feeding method.  Here is a list of supplies:

screened in awning tent - so mothers still feel a part of things as well as
normalizing breastfeeding - we use the screens to close up at night only
2 regular awning tents - used for changing area as well as for overflow
traffic
2-3 camp chairs - to save rockers for whoever has the baby
Christmas lights
3 rocking chairs
outdoor rug - looks like an indoor living room rug - makes for a more cozy
inviting atmosphere AND saves rockers from damage on pavement
oscillating floor fan
changing table
folding room divider screen
paper fans advertising LLL meetings - the kind you used to see at churches
or funeral homes
paper towels
hand sanitizer
baby wipes
water dispensing cooler
paper cups
LLL tear sheets
local health BF department information

This is all I can think of at 4 a.m.  Feel free to contact me off-list if
you would like to hear more about our event.  We now have families looking
for us from year to year.  The festival committee gives us the space free of
charge and identifies us on their maps!

Katherine Wilson-Thompson
LLL leader
Bristol VA

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
-J. Krishnamurti, author, speaker, and philosopher (1895-1986)