From:
Jeanette Panchula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 2009 21:02:01 -0700
I hope you will add to your links the website:
http://www.secretsofbabybehavior.com/

It is evidence-based and PRO breastfeeding (look at the familiar names in
the Contributors' listing).

It's really exciting to see some great new handouts and materials - and ways
to teach staff and for them to teach moms - about what is NORMAL infant
behavior - and what means "I'm hungry" and what means "let's play" or "I
need YOU, not my mouth stuffed with food".

Many moms are like me - luckily I breastfed and had La Leche League - but I
kept wondering "they say to talk to your baby - but what do I SAY???"  Those
of you who observed others parent and who are naturally "conversers" can't
imagine the amount of stress and deliberate-ness it took for me to TALK and
PLAY with my babies!  I so admire moms who do it so naturally (including,
thank Goodness, my two Daughters-in-law).

This research project which has now evolved into classes for staff, is
originally based on the needs of the WIC clients in California - but I bet
you that it is a universal situation that can benefit from the great work
being shared here!

Jeanette Panchula, BSW, RN, PHN, IBCLC

California, USA