Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 2009 14:57:58 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (27 lines)
 Baby with very recessed chin:
It doesn't sound as if baby has had any structural work? IMO, it is an essential part of care of babies who have such restrictions. Further, if the family is unwilling to stop allowing her to guzzle her feedings, they are continuing to work against her. 

Ilene asks about a baby with very infrequent stooling. I look at other symptoms, if any--such as reflux, arching, pulling on and off breast (esp as a newer development). Pasty stools are typical of food allergy. For comfort and help with stooling I use castor oil packs. For healing, I get a complete nutritional profile on mom (I do this on all clients at first intake, just to have on file if needed) and eliminate the most likely suspects, unless I have access to muscle-testing. Without having that info, I cannot offer a useful suggestion, except to eliminate all cow milk products--and I do mean ALL ingredients, which means most of her processed foods and junk foods, I am sure. I spend a lot of time helping the mom figure out what she can eat, so that she isn't overwhelmed and help her think of it is a great opportunity to help her baby learn to recognize healthy foods in mom's milk. It may also necessary to use probiotocs to help the baby heal the gut. I also look at the birth and structure and often refer for chiro/CST.

Amalgam fillings:
It is not smart to remove these filings while bf'ing a young baby, but you do not say how old the baby is. I wonder about the skills of the dentist who did it if he did not properly prepare her for this concern. I had mine removed when my nursing son was 4 yrs old and my dentist knew exactly what he was doing. Homeopathic detoxosodes are used first and then chelating agents used afterwards, if needed. She should, at the very least, take chelating agents, such as chlorella or chloryphyll. 

Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA
Intuitive Parenting Network, LLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2